ADS

Breaking News

Looks Like Pinterest Links Don't Bump Up Your Site Anymore

I started to use Pinterest "seriously" last July 2013, when I noticed that Pinterest boards and even pins would show up high on Google's SERPs.

That said, I was shooting three birds with one stone, including:

- bump up my webpages to get at least a 2-spot increase in Google, especially those that get stuck on pages 2 or 3,
- watch my boards show up on Google's first page which results in visitors,
- gain traffic from the Pinterest community.

For a while, Pinterest was working great, to say the least. It still does, of course, but recently, I noticed that pinning your webpages or site no longer gives them a "bump-up." Plus, those boards that showed on top of Google no longer have staying power. After a few days, they get shoved on page 2 or 3 if they showed on top at all.

So my guess is that contrary to what some believe -- and consistent with what I read Google said -- social scores don't affect your rankings.

Or do they?

No comments